By Totals 4 U
Hello, Sports Fans!
Dynamite weekend coming up in college football marked by our traditional SEC Saturday Super Slate (highlighted by your 2014 SEC Total of the Year for Tennessee @ Georgia on ESPN at 12:00 EST) and great opportunities from sea to shining sea!
Last week we took a look at 5 situations ripe to produce outright underdogs from the campuses with 3 earning the cover including a pair – Utah and Rutgers – taking outright victories!
As you know by now, for 25 years our professional bag has been the Over/Under plays but let’s take a look at which pooches could have some outright bite this Saturday…
– Colorado State +9 1/2 at Boston College, 12:30 EST: A major clash in styles can produce surprising results as 512.7 yards per game of Ram offense meets 272.8 allowed by the Eagle defense.
– Minnesota +13 at Michigan, 3:30 EST: Gopher QB Leidner still ailing but 263.3 yards rushing and strong stoppers (5 forced TOs last week) give them a shot against against a squad that has lost to both quality opponents and gave up 4 TOs last trip.
– Western Kentucky +7 at Navy, 3:30 EST: The Middies wins were over Texas State and Temple while losing their 2 “step-up” games. The Toppers rack 606.7 yards of offense per including 1152 passing against Middle Tenn and Bowling Green. Won by 12 last season.
– Washington +7 vs Stanford, 4:15 EST: The home Huskies are 4-0 so far while the Cardinal’s victories are over Army and UC Davis. Stanford stoppers are always tough but Washington won by 4 in 2012 and lost by 3 last season.
– Southern Mississippi +8 1/2 vs Rice, 7:00 EST: OK, so the Eagles haven’t been consistently Golden since the days of Brett Favre but the Owls are winless for the campaign, shredded for 527.7 yards per contest.
– Duke +7 at Miami-Florida, 7:30 EST: The Devils thumped the ‘Canes by 18 in 2013 and are balanced this year with 6.4 yards per pass and 6.3 per rush. Duke’s yet to be tested while Miami fell to both quality opponents this season against Nebraska and Louisville.
Arf, Arf, ARF! Good luck this week and be sure to pick up your Lines, Matchups, Weather, and Injuries at FREEPLAYS.COM
-TD at Totals 4 You